The Moffettville Missionary Baptist church was organized in August 1879. The first frame building was erected in the month of October in the year of 1879. The pioneer members of this church were: Mrs. Annie Beard, Mrs. Lucy Beard, Mr. Washington Beard, Mr. William Beard, Sr., Mrs. Nancy Broadnax, Mr. John Broadnax, Mrs. Charlotte Collins, Mr. Mack Collins, Mrs. Amanda Moffett, Mr. Billy Moffett, Mr. Frank Moffett, Mrs. Lucy Moffett, Mr. Robin Moffett, Mrs. Rachel and Mr. Syrus Moffett, (Founders of Moffettville, Wilmer, Alabama), Mrs. Safronia Moffett, Mrs. Mary Nichols, Mr. Rubin Nichols, Mr. Auswell Powell, Mrs. Millie Powell, Mrs. Deland Ramsey,
Mr. Green Ramsey, Mr. Alexander Taylor, Mrs. Eliza Taylor, Mrs. Martha Taylor, Mrs. Charlotte Thompson, Mrs. Flurry Robinson and Mr. Jack Robinson. Reverends T.C. Richardson, Commodore Reed, Eaton Mathis and Mack Collins were the men who provided the spiritual leadership in the organization of the church.
God Provided Leadership for His People
Moffettville Missionary Baptist Church has been pastored by fifteen (15) dedicated preachers: Reverends: Henry Enrop, T.C. Richardson, A.J. Bolden, Y. Benson, T.A. Jones, H.D. Parker, S.H. Powe, H. Joseph, T.H. Moses, J.A. Howze, H.H. Simmons, D.D. Chastang (elected Moderator of the Sunlight District Association), C.C. Suggs, Gilbert Lee Williams.
Reverend Leon House accepted the call and became the fifteenth (15th) pastor the first Sunday, January 1970. On Mother’s Day 2005, Pastor House advised the congregation that he was scheduled for heart surgery the following week. Before Pastor House was admitted to the Hospital he left Minister Charles W. Pierce and Minister Sidney R. Boykin in charge of leading the flock in his absence. He remained hospitalized until January 17, 2006 when Our Heavenly Father issued the call to “come home” after thirty-six (36) years of loving, dedicated service. In November 2007, the church voted to call Rev. Reginald D. McIntyre, Sr. to pastor the